Pineapple Potion #9
Paui Maui Hawaiian vodka & Maui Gold pineapple paired with strawberry sorbet
and vanilla bean, finished with Devant champagne and lemon zest.
- Cut and trim the crown of your Maui Gold Pineapple, then cut around the core so you are left with the soft, juicy flesh that’s full of flavor, sugar and acid. Cut the flesh into smaller ¾ inch chunks
- Using your knife and cutting board, cut ½ inch piece from the middle of the vanilla bean
- Toss ½ of fresh Maui Gold pineapple chunks, vanilla bean and lemon wedge into shaking tin and muddle (in a pressing motion, not smashing) for about 10 seconds
- Grab your chillied coupe or martini glass, and depending on your scoop size, scoop 1 to 2 scoops of strawberry sorbet and fill about ½ of the volume of your glass
- Add in 1 oz of Paui Maui Vodka to your tin, top with ice and shake for 6 seconds
- Double strain your cocktail in your glass, over the strawberry sorbet and top with 2 ½ oz Devant champagne
- Using your microplane, zest as much lemon zest as you would like over the top
- Grab some of the remaining Maui Gold pineapple, your partners arm and the Pineapple Potion No.9 will do the rest… Cheers!